Scholarship Name: Think HBCU Scholarship
The Forever Pink Foundation, Inc. in conjunction with the Lambda Epsilon Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., is proud to announce the Think HBCU Scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance in the amount of $2,500 to two graduating seniors from the DeKalb County School System who will attend a Historically Black College and University (HBCU) in the fall of 2017.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a completed application (available from school counselor or Forever Pink Foundation/Lambda Epsilon Omega websites).
- Must be an African American graduating high school senior enrolled in the DeKalb County School System.
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and submit an official sealed transcript at the time of application.
- Must submit proof that applicant has applied to an HBCU (candidate will have to submit the acceptance letter before receiving scholarship monies).
- Must submit two sealed letters of recommendation from individuals that are familiar with the academic achievements, work performance and community service of the applicant.
- Family members of the applicant are not suitable references.
- Must submit a typed essay of 700 words or less on the following topic: “Preserving Our Legacy, The Importance of Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the 21st Century.”
To apply, students should submit all requested documentation by December 16, 2016 to:
The Forever Pink Foundation, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship and Awards Committee
P.O. Box 371451
Decatur, GA 30037-1494
Award recipients will be notified before March 31, 2017 by the Honors and Awards Committee. Please submit questions to email@example.com.